August 27, 2008

Why am I here?

Glad you could make it. I'm American Villan, and I'll be running the show here at Federation Soccer. I created this site to give voice to the discerning American fan. Sure, we'd all love to see MLS become the Next Big Thing, but it's going to take some time, so until then I'll be writing about several leagues. Here's a likely ranking, but remember it's subject to change whenever the hell I feel like it:

1. English Premier League
2. Champions League
3. MLS/CONCACAF Champions Cup
4. U.S. Men's National Team
5. La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga

Basically, it's the same rankings of what's available to most Americans with digital cable. If I stick around long enough, maybe I'll even change my rankings when the USA becomes a dominant soccer power. Or China. Whichever comes first.

No comments: